Little Projects cont...

I discussed in an earlier post that we have chipped away at little improvements to the course. They add up in the end and make a bigger impact for sure. I say they are little projects only because they were done in-house without spending a lot of time or money. Of course getting the tees back did take some consistent effort all season long. Some even regressed a bit but all seem to be decent right now. The greens were also a bit of a headache but we saw improvement on those as well. 4 green was the biggest disappointment since it was almost perfect then went backwards. I decided to simply sod it and move forward. That will be covered in more detail in the future. One of the first posts explained my attempts to get seed to grow in March by using tarps to raise the soil temps. You can scroll down the list of posts to see the earliest ones. These pictures are more to show how far we came from beginning to now.


Apparently a habitual problem child


Another problem area in recent years


not 100% yet but getting closer

In the more "More Cart Conversation" post I showed Bob and Cody's handiwork next to the first tee. While looking through older pictures for this post I saw early pics of the first tee. I certainly remember seeding the area but assumed it didn't work since it still needed more love. Older pictures tell a different tale. We improved it quite a bit. A perfect example of how improvements sometimes are slow and steady over time. Also shows how quickly we can forget exactly what something looked like and the importance of taking pictures.


Picture is worth a 1000 words

Practice Putting Green


Comments