Introductions
You can read some stuff about me in the bio on the side of this blog but I thought I would introduce myself here as well. My name is Matthew Crowther, CGCS. The letters stand for Certified Golf Course Superintendent. I am a native of Rhode Island and graduated from the University of Rhode Island. I was originally a landscape architect major but quickly switched to turf. I worked at a couple private clubs in RI while in school Potowamut and Warwick CC. I did an internship on Long Island one summer and even worked for Tru-Green on the landscape division for a summer. Upon graduation I started my full time career at Pine Brook CC in Weston, MA. After 6 seasons there I landed my first superintendent job on Martha's Vineyard. After 24 winters at Mink Meadows GC, here I am now at Cape Cod CC.
I started a blog at MMGC in 2010 when we were doing a bunker renovation project. It was a way to communicate to the membership and players what we were doing around the property. If interested the site was called minkmeadows.blogspot.com The owners here liked it and thought it would be a good way to communicate to you all as well. I can honestly say I am thrilled at the opportunity to be at CCCC. It is a great piece of property and a wonderful test of golf.
I first played CCCC maybe 20 years ago in a Cape Superintendents meeting. It was love at first sight. Back then I didn't even know I had an affinity for classic architecture and links golf. Since that time I have played both American and traditional Irish links golf and it is fabulous. I had not been back to CCCC until this past summer when I played a match with some peers. My partner and I won and it was in no small part to the fact that the same feeling of love at first sight came over me again. It seems like fate that Peter took the job at LaBaron Hills which created the opening for me to fill. I look forward to meeting you all and using this tool to communicate.
A great place to start is this post from the old site: The 4 F's
I started a blog at MMGC in 2010 when we were doing a bunker renovation project. It was a way to communicate to the membership and players what we were doing around the property. If interested the site was called minkmeadows.blogspot.com The owners here liked it and thought it would be a good way to communicate to you all as well. I can honestly say I am thrilled at the opportunity to be at CCCC. It is a great piece of property and a wonderful test of golf.
I first played CCCC maybe 20 years ago in a Cape Superintendents meeting. It was love at first sight. Back then I didn't even know I had an affinity for classic architecture and links golf. Since that time I have played both American and traditional Irish links golf and it is fabulous. I had not been back to CCCC until this past summer when I played a match with some peers. My partner and I won and it was in no small part to the fact that the same feeling of love at first sight came over me again. It seems like fate that Peter took the job at LaBaron Hills which created the opening for me to fill. I look forward to meeting you all and using this tool to communicate.
A great place to start is this post from the old site: The 4 F's
I am an infrequent visitor but lover of CCCC from off cape (South Shore). Each year I hope to get 6 to 10 rounds there as I always enjoy myself. Welcome Matthew!
ReplyDelete